Produced in our own Rochester based factory our better staircases are primarily for the trade on a supply only basis. These staircases are made to measure and the equivalent in standard to ‘off the shelf’.
Supplied on a supply only basis. The following specification applies to our Better staircases;
- Strings – 27 / 32 mm thick best U/S Redwood (softwood)
- Treads – 25 mm thick M.R. M.D.F.
- Risers – 12 mm thick W.B.P. Plywood.
- Newel Posts – 90 x 90 square section best U/S Redwood (softwood)
- Handrail and baserail – standard pattern Vth Redwood (softwood)
- Spindles – 32 x 32 square section Vth Redwood (softwood)
- Turned newels and spindles together with alternative handrails can be supplied at extra cost to our Better specification.
- Better staircases are supplied filled and sanded direct from the factory.
- Flights come assembled with winder sets and newel posts, factory fitted but loose to site.
- Handrail, spindles and baserails are supplied in running meters as standard but handrails can be cut to length and pre-fitted with handrail to newel post fixing bolts or supplied loose at extra cost.
- Landing materials, aprons etc. are excluded as standard.
- Optional ‘cut type’ strings, solid timber treads and risers, and alternative hardwood components can be added to specification at extra cost.
- Survey and delivery costs are quoted as optional extras as customers can provide their own measurements and can collect from our factory if required.
For stair terminology please see our staircase information page.
We want to make you aware that it is important when ordering staircases to specify whether the staircase is a private stair or a common staircase, so we can notify you of any non-conformance to Staircase Regulations when preparing for manufacture.