Produced in our own Rochester based factory our budget staircases are primarily for the trade on a supply only basis. These staircases are made to measure and the equivalent in standard to ‘off the shelf’.
For cost-effectiveness, the following specifications apply to our Budget staircases;
- Strings – 27 mm thick Whitewood (standard closed type strings)
- Treads – 22 mm thick M.R. M.D.F.
- Risers – 9 mm thick W.B.P. Plywood
- Newel Posts – 90 x 90 square section Vth Redwood (softwood)
- Handrail and Baserail – standard pattern Vth Redwood (softwood)
- Spindles – 32 x 32 square section Vth Redwood (softwood)
- Turned newels and spindles together with alternative handrails can be supplied at an extra cost to the Budget specification.
- Budget staircases are supplied with a machine finish which means that no filling, sanding or finishing is applied.
- Flights come assembled with winder sets and newel posts factory fitted but loose to site.
- Handrail spindles and baserails are supplied in running meters for cutting and fitting on site as standard but handrails can be cut to length and pre-fitted with handrail to newel post fixing bolts or supplied loose at an extra cost.
- Landing materials, aprons etc. are excluded as standard.
- Survey and delivery costs are quoted as extras as customers can provide their own measurements and can collect from our factory if required.
For stair terminology please see our staircase information page.
We want to make you aware that it is important when ordering staircases to specify whether the staircase is a private stair or a common staircase, so we can notify you of any non-conformance to Staircase Regulations when preparing for manufacture.